Project Mechanical Engineer – Dublin
My client is a leading mechanical contractor with a strong pedigree in delivering complex pharmaceutical construction projects for over 40 yrs. They have recently successfully tendered for a significant pharmaceutical plant extension in the midlands and thus require an experienced Project Mechanical Engineer.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree in Mechanical Engineering and a masters in common sense coupled with at least 4-5 yrs process mechanical experience.
You will be reporting directly to the overall Project Manager and providing technical support to the quantity surveyor, site managers & foreman. You will be a key member of staff in the successful delivery of the project.
Some of the duties will include
- Procurement planning – long lead time equipment & materials
- Prepare as- built drawings for inclusion in the Operations & Maintenance manual.
- Monitor and expedite equipment deliveries.
- Prepare & keep up to date the delivery schedule to control deliveries.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system.
- Manage sub-contractors including the commissioning progress reports.
- you will prepare method statements and risk assessments
- Prepare test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Site walkdowns with client
- Accurate record keeping and relaying of information to senior management
- Attend site progress meetings
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a market leading salary and the chance to work with a leading contractor on highly complex projects.