Planning Engineer – Dublin & Europe
My client is an up and coming, rapidly growing start up construction project planning/scheduling consultancy, looking to recruit a senior planner. With contracts already secured, you will be working on exciting and interesting construction projects, based in both Ireland and internationally. The types of projects range in value from €500k to €2bn and they work across all construction sectors, with a particular emphasis on world leading scientific projects.
Being innovative and at the cutting edge of the services provided is paramount to this business and they are keen that the successful candidate has the same drive and determination to become one of Europe’s leading planning consultancies. It is also envisaged that other technologically based services will be added in time. This role will involve an element of business development with existing and new clients as they continue to grow the business and expand into new markets. It will really suit a candidate who is looking for variety, to work with the industry’s biggest contractors and the opportunity to further their career with a rapidly growing organization.
This role is a permanent position that will involve approx. 30% international travel. For the right candidate, there will be ample opportunity for career progression and development.
- Development of strong bid programmes to support and compliment bid submissions
- Develop detailed master construction programmes
- Development of Project Controls procedures
- Preparation and management of progress reports
- Developing method statements
- Account management of existing clients
- Business development activities with new clients
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or related discipline
- Highly competent in Asta Power Project, Primavera and Microsoft Project Package
- 5+ years proven planning experience
- Previous experience on mid- large scale projects required
- Excellent communication, presentation and people management skills
- Client friendly focused personality and business development skills
- Strong drive for results and ability to work independently
An excellent package is on offer for the right person combined with a large degree of autonomy and flexibility in the work place.